About Ron Kandelaars
Ron Kandelaars has conducted media training courses for a host of clients for more than thirty years and also provides a successful training course preparing clients for a variety of public presentations. Both courses draw on Ron’s wealth of media and public relations experience.
Since commencing his media career in the
late 70s, Ron has been involved in many roles, including:
- A reporter role with Channel Seven in Adelaide gathering stories across South Australia;
- A regular contributor of “Off The Beaten Track” radio segments for the Drive program on ABC 891 and the corporation’s South Australian regional radio network;
- Host of Adelaide radio station 5AA’s SA Snapshots program featuring places, events and people around South Australia in 2012/13;
- Writer/producer/presenter with Channel Nine’s popular and multi-award winning travel program ‘Postcards’. In 2011, Ron was awarded South Australian of the Year (Tourism) in the Advantage SA South Australian of the Year Awards; and Outstanding Contribution by an Individual in the South Australian Tourism Awards;
- Contributor to Postcards Australia which was shown nationally on the WIN TV Network, and internationally on the Discovery Channel;
- ABC TV’s South Australian political correspondent, chief of staff and news producer;
- Senior Reporter with several commercial television newsrooms;
- Public relations consultant for a variety of corporate and government clients working on both South Australian and national issues.